Richard Howarth has been bringing players to perform in Holmes Chapel since 1988. He is a devoted vice-president of the Society and this season brings a string quintet with Laurence Perkins (Bassoon) as guest artist. The Ensemble, formed in 2007, draws on the cream of chamber music specialists in the North West of England who play regularly with fine chamber orchestras such as Manchester Camerata. It has appeared at important venues in the region including The Bridgewater Hall in Manchester.
This is the seventh in the 43rd Season of eight professional concerts organised by Holmes Chapel Music Society.
“Always a joy to listen to...”
Full details of the season’s artists, music and tickets can be found at www.themusicsociety.org.uk.
The concerts regularly attract audiences of up to 250. The atmosphere is friendly and informal. We go out of our way to welcome new members.
Wheelchair access is available by arrangement.
The Society retains the right to change the programmes without notice.
- Bassoon Quartet in B flat major
- Franz Danzi (1763-1826)
- Phantasy Quintet
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
- Romance for Bassoon and Orchestra, arranged for bassoon and string quartet
- Sir Edward Elgar (1857-1934)
- Quintet for bassoon and string quartet
- Gilbert Vinter (1909-1969)
- Lamento and Moto perpetuo for solo bassoon
- Volodymyr Runchak (1960-)
- String Quintet in A
- Felix Mendelssohn (1809-1847)